Alas, the weekend has come and gone. Eventful? Depends on how you define eventful.
Thursday night I watched The Green Mile (complete with English subtitles) with a group of Asian exchange students. There is this one Japanese girl who I say hi to (and sometimes Konichi-wa) who I want to be friends with because she is the cutest person I've ever seen - like the human version of Hello Kitty. They were all set up with their vegetable noodles and oriental cookies, and I had oreos and oatmeal creme pies. I realized as I was watching that I had never actually seen the whole movie, because my Mom only let me watch some parts (the last time I saw it I was like 10, okay?) So I was a bit surprised when Del's execution was botched and he got his brains fried out. When the movie ended, I was like what are we watching next? And they said we watch japanese movie now. So I went to bed.
Friday night I watched 'What Happens in Vegas' with my friend Anneliese. No subtitles needed there, except we did have to wait our turn for the lobby TV because the BET awards were on. That youtube guy performed that "hide yo kids, hide yo wife" song which was actually not as funny as expected.
Saturday (aka day from hell. kidding! sort of.) we had to play 3 lacrosse games. We were at the field at 10 to set up and warm up for an hour (i mean, really? we have to play 3 games). We won, lost, won. I got really sunburned and tired. I got back in time for dinner then crashed and slept for about 14 hours. It must have been an eventful sleeping session because when I woke up my mattress pad, sheets and blanket were on the floor. It was a bit painful to pry my sweaty back (and butt) off the exposed vinly mattress.
I got a late night phone call from my boys back in MN informing me that they were at a party with this boy I had crushed on a few years back who worked in the cafeteria at the U of M. I guess I really have a thing for guys in the food service industry?
Saturday night was originally supposed to spent drunkenly dancing in Memphis at the 3OH!3 concert, before I knew about my games. Sean (from 3OH!3) sang to Anneliese (mentioned above) and seductively licked a glowstick and threw it at her (she now wears it). After the concert, he put his arm around her for an extended period of time as he talked to people and signed autographs, and grabbed her boob while he signed her bra. So basically he was DTF. Sad to report the F didn't happen (her ride was leaving) but we are still very excited about this development.
Sunday I spent the whole day in town (the Square) with my friend Daria. We had brunch at the Bottletree Bakery, studied at Square Books, took a break for YaYa's frozen yogurt (cheesecake bits!), went back to Square Books, sampled some pumpkin spice roasted coffee, and more studytime.
My Mom and my sister Michaela are visiting this weekend!! But they don't have a place to stay yet! I guess all the places in Oxford are booked because it's Rush week so that sucks, looks like they're (we're) gonna have to stay in Batesville, right outside of Oxford - no biggie. So excited!
SEMI racist title..? hahahahaah whatever, its private now
ReplyDeletegood stuff as always. 37 days till thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteuhhh..its not private anymore lol. i didn't think it was racist, its a quote, but maybe MS is rubbing off on me :/ ?
ReplyDelete