Today I came to the realization that I will not end up getting with hot omelette dude. Brief backround on this situation:
A little less than a month ago, there was this cute guy named Colby working the omelette station in the cafeteria. I didn't pay much attention to him until he was making my omelette and we started talking and he was really nice and funny, and I decided he was REALLY cute (but the omelette sucked). Since that day, I had been on the lookout for him everytime I went to the cafeteria, but he mentioned that he usually worked back in the kitchen. Fast forward to today. My friend texted me today at lunchtime that Colby was serving today. So naturally I hurried to the cafeteria - he happened to be flipping burgers. It was really busy and I got in line and when he looked up at me I realized I was grinning to myself in anticipation so thats pretty creepy. And our conversation consisted of "What cheese do you want" and I said "American". I SHOULD'VE said "Do you have Colby?" as a joke because that's his name, remember? But I didn't, and he handed me my burger and I said thanks. And I was utterly dissapointed because I had waited a month for another opportunity to talk to him! And then my friends laughed at me and we sat in the cafeteria for an hour as I waited for another chance to talk to him. So there was a point when he didn't have a line, so I took this opportunity to go get fries. He was right across the counter and I felt like I needed to say something ... anything, so I was like, "yeah that burger was really good by the way." (**CRINGING**) And he just said thanks, like kinda weirded out I think.
To sum it up: I am depressed about this new development, I'm awkward, and i'll admit, super creepy. UHHHHH!
cringed as i read your burger line. but yo- you totally should have used the first line, and you had all the time in the world in line to prep in anticipation. but i guess the pressure of that situation can make even the most outgoing folks cower in fear and anxiety.
ReplyDeletewhen you said you blew it with the hot omelette guy, i thought you shat your pants in front of him or something! this isnt bad at all, just turn your swag on the next time you see colby and ask him about his weekend plans or something (or maybe something cooler/funnier/less creepy/blah blah). anyways, keep posting- i just saved you to my bookmarks