Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a new beginning?

Hello all, I am officially in the blog-o-sphere! I have a bit of work to do to make my profile relevant but my first job is to add a post. My goals for this blog: reflect on my day, share news with friends and followers, and get out my stories that I haven't had a chance to tell anyone.

So, let's begin. The beggining is always the hardest, right?

I had my first poly-sci exam this morning, I woke up late and I didn't have time to get coffee (eek!). I got an 81% which I am dissapointed with but I now know this particular teachers test-giving style and can prepare better next time. I lost most of my points because I didn't memorize all of the Supreme Court cases we covered (there was like 40, okay?). Anyways, the point is the test was fact-driven, not concept-driven.

During my short break before my next class (Intro to Music), I downed a cappuccino which I instantly regretted once I sat down for the 75 minute lecture (leg-jiggle 120x/min). We learned about Miles Davis, an innovater of 1950's cool jazz, and literally the only thing I could think about was, "If peeing your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis!" The joys of Billy Madison can sneak up on you when you're least expecting it.

After class, thorougly exhausted from my excessive leg-jiggling, I trekked it to the JC (cafeteria) to get some grub. Nothing noteworthy there. Then another class (Biology). After that, nappy time:) Throw in some quality study time, a bike ride into town, and laundry and now I'm here and another day has passed. Funny how that works.

Tomorrow, I have an in-class essay in English, something I am NOTORIOUSLY bad at and am nervous for. My anxiety was reinforced on Monday when we did a practice in-class essay to prepare for the real thing Wednesday. It was not a pleasant experience, I actually felt the urge to run away from class and cry a little bit. I resisted this urge but from the way my essay turned out it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Oh yeah, I'm going home for a long weekend, Sept 30 - Oct 3! I am trying not to get too excited, but I miss home!

1 comment: